Friday, July 16, 2010

Something Lovely

Our camellia tree in the backyard is finally in bloom. It doesn't get a lot of sun over by the fence so I think that's why - despite having loads of buds - it's taken quite a while for them to actually burst out.  Most of the other camellia trees in our suburb have been flowering for weeks.


I thought I'd take advantage of the ones that had opened and adorn our kitchen table with them.


There's still a lot waiting to unfurl - in fact perhaps too many. I think I've heard that it's a good idea to remove about half of the buds to encourage the others to open - I shall research and see what I can come up with.

2 comments:

  1. ooooh, those are beautiful! So glad to have discovered your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I love your blog too - am now a follower. Lovely to meet like-minded people!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - truly appreciated! I will respond as often as I can.