Thursday, July 15, 2010

This Week's Baking: Nigella Lawson's Brownies

Sometimes you just gotta have chocolate things... like brownies.


These are the ones from How To Be A Domestic Goddess, except without the walnuts (didn't have any; also I have recently been converted to the way of the nut-free brownie thanks to some absolutely delicious ones brought around by a friend of mine one day).

I have trouble achieving the right cooking time for these; I think my pan is not quite the right size, plus our bottom-heating oven is a bit funny (don't get me started) and I worry about burning them, which ironically often leads to them being undercooked.

However, this time I gave them their 25 minutes, then turned the oven off and left them in there (following consultation with the Stressed Chef) for about another 15 minutes. Result: perfection. Squidgy, chocolatey, rich, but - surprisingly - not too sweet. If you are a fan of brownies this is definitely one to try. Along with all the others, of course.

 A treat this yummy deserves a pretty plate, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - truly appreciated! I will respond as often as I can.